Monday, December 13, 2010

Chelsea World's End II, 10" x 12", Oil on Canvas, 2010


Chelsea Worlds End II (Sold)

There's so much I haven't been able to post and I'll be playing catch up for now, especially with my public transport sketches. This particular painting was done on the 11th of October this year! I was in the middle of preparing for the Affordable Art Fair. The weather was great so I decided to pop out of my studio for a plein air break, sometimes the confines of the studio does get to me and I always long for the outdoors!


Clearer view, Adebanji painting Chelsea World's End II


Adebanji painting Chelsea Worlds End II

I went straight to one of my favourite spots in Chelsea, The Chelsea Worlds End. I really enjoy working on this building and capturing at different periods too. I have also added other versions I have painted of this same scene ant the end of this post.


Picture of the scene

OTHER VERSIONS I HAVE DONE OF CHELSEA WORLDS END


Chelsea Worlds End I (SOLD)



Chelsea Worlds End at Dawn, available at Enid Lawson Gallery

4 comments:

V. Deshmukh said...

Beautiful work Adebanji! I love your new painting. The colours are so vivid and draughtsmanship so correct! Can you post one of your paintings in various stages of completion? It would be like a demonstration and a wonderful source of inspiration for your readers like me.
Thanks.

adebanji said...

Thanks Vinayak. I'll check if I have one and I'll post at your request. If not, I'll do so in my next painting.

Cheers

Adebanji

david webb said...

Hi Adebanji
Lovely, lively paintings done on the spot. I'm a watercolourist myself, but I too like painting outdoors whenever I can ~ bit too cold the last few weeks though! Love the people sketches too. Not owning a car, I often sketch fellow train passengers on the opposite platform. I use these sketches to populate my landscape paintings.

adebanji said...

Thanks David! That's a great way to use sketches!