Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Morning Light, Big Ben, 6" x 8", oil on gessoed card, 2010, 2010



Morning Light, Big Ben from Westminster Bridge, 6" x 8", Oil on gessoed card, 2010

This is another London experience. I had to take off from my studio at around 5.30am to catch the greenish blue sky as the sun rose around Westminster Bridge. It was colder than I presumed and I went through some difficulties really gaining grounds but in the end through some dogged perseverance, I managed to knock this together. I can't wait to get to the same spot in other atmospheric situations an moods to compare.

This was done with a combination of thick and thin colours using the the reverse of the traditional-fat over lean.


That's me niggling away in the cold!


Enjoy the pictures, more are coming!


Snap shot of the scene



The box and the painting

4 comments:

Bianca said...

Gorgeous light and beautiful composition. I enjoy being wowed by you on a daily basis :-)

adebanji said...

Thanks Bianca!

ChinChin said...

Such amazing stuff! You're painting are great!

adebanji said...

Thanks ChinChin!