Thursday, October 29, 2009

"Industrial Synthesis" 15" x 9", Mixed Media on Paper, 2009

This is my entry into Karin Juricks DSFDF, The reference picture had roof tops and I didn't really find the whole picture interesting but a section of it.



So I decided to zoom into this area and make a statement with it. I just loved the various tonal values, the variety of shapes and diagonals, so I played around with them using charcoal, oil base pencils and white acrylic. I fixed the charcoal and Oil base pencil marks then worked over with some white acrylic touches.

10 comments:

dominique eichi said...

I love you textures in this piece. Glad you made it.

Leslie Hawes said...

This is fabulous.
I found this subject to be difficult. Your take on it is just the best.

Becky Drees said...

Very nice, Adebanji!

adebanji said...

Thanks Dominique, Leslie and Becky!

Dean H. said...

Tremendous results!!

adebanji said...

Thanks Dean!

Vern Schwarz said...

Adebanji...beautiful focus point and I love the fade out. You gave this a real industrial feel with the black and white.

adebanji said...

Thanks Vern!

Art By Erika said...

Adebanji I can't tell you how much I appreciate your approach to the photo this is excellent! I enjoy the texture you gave it life! Bravo!

adebanji said...

Thanks Erika!